Monday 26 May 2008

Hokkien Me Not

After the KTV session on weekend and Miss Gila sent me her hokkien kua collection. I think I'm a closeted hokkien lien. The song entertain me in certain way. It sounds funny, not in bad way, just funny . It just like how some people hear when I talk in my native language its sounds like someone firing a machine gun, ratattatatatattaaaa *roll eyes* So, I keep listening to all the song. I get the feeling (I do not understand it at all) that the song after song is all about heartache and tears. It's damn emo lorr, like 'whyohwhymylifesibeychum'. Now, I'm overdosed on hokkien song. Seriously.

Anyhoo, after living here for years. I think I do understand hokkien a little, I mean VERY LITTLE, When I just moved here from down under, I thought...

Jialat is chilli. DONT ASK WHY! ? !

Sibey chum is some sort of sweet. You know, chupa chups? Why do people complain about their life using sweets? Sian ahhh, my life so chupa chups.

KNN is a girl's name. What have you done Nina? Why everybody hate you???


There is one particular happy song. 舞女, super orbit, the song goes...lai lai lai tiao bu, wa ahgong si ting tong?? like ehh...come come come dancing, my ahgong is crazy??

check out the video.. classic!



and any other song all I heard is the word buk sai (eye shit??? rite?) seriously???!! Why you want to sing about eye shit?

Another misheard case of mine? Bleah

Is there courses for hokkien that I can take?

so I won't go 'Oi Kan Nina, do you have sibey chum? I just had chicken rice with extra jialat. Daaaamn spicy lorrr'

No comments: