Friday 21 March 2008

Tuti Frutti

A super good friend of mine, Miss T who had been living here in Singapore forever. She and her Indonesian always 'amazes' me.

During one of our dinners, we had a conversation about visiting orangutans in Kalimantan, Indonesia one day. So one thing led to another, Miss T told us, why do we want to go all the way to the jungle to see them and waste money? Cos they're sometimes come out from the jungle and do some trading (???) We were sort of confused about how an orangutan can do trading, they're animals afterall aren't they? Then it dawned on me, what I think Miss T meant is, orangasli (indigenous people, aborigines or the kalimantan native, the dayaks) and she got mixed up with orangutans, which loosely translates to jungle people.

Imagine if you have a conversation online with someone who has a mixed parentage between chinese and orangasli?

A: Hi, intro pls?
B: 17, mixed blood. Chinese and orangutan.

*faints*

I love you Miss T!

3 comments:

missbitchalot said...

Muahahahha Oh I remember that conversation!

I still laugh when I think about it!!!

Anonymous said...

HEhehhehehe *pangsan*

Anonymous said...

YA YA YA!!! I just read, its DAMN FUNNY!!! just caw mi funny ger prisssssss coz ewheetings came au natural :)

*MWAH MWAH WINK WINK*