Tuesday 5 August 2008

Ichthyophobia

Last weekend I went to a fish spa for my very 1st (and last) time.

Watched it on tv a few times about it..and I thought..hey, how bad can it be, right?

so, I try with the fishlet first... I keep telling myself, Ivana, don't be a pussy! They're tiny little fishes. Dip your feet like, NOW!

so, I did...

ehh not bad ler... it's like tiny little thingie nibbling at your feet.

after less than 1 minute, I feel like the fishes is getting BIGGER, BIGGER AND BIGGER The feeling was like, super ill! ! ! ! *flicking hair frantically*

Déjà Jaws! ! ! ! ! !


Seriously, I feel like they gonna eat up my flesh within seconds...you all know how tiny my feet is, right??! *flick hair* did I mentioned long and slender too?

anyhoo...

miss C managed to convince me to do the bigger fish...just for 30 seconds. So, I was like okay, what the heck, right? I dip my feet into medium size 'pond'. Trust me, their medium it's like the size of a minibus!

EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!

Within seconds... my whole body was in spasm. I can't take the feeling and I can't take the sight of those MEDIUM fishes attacking my delicate, tiny and ultra smooth feet! *kick kick*


I don't even finish my 30 minutes fish SPA *roll eyes* session. I am convinced that in my previous life I was really a pussy(cat) and now, I felt these tiny little fishtu (fish hantu *ghost) are taking their revenge by trying to eat me alive there n then! *faint graciously*

so...

went back and Victoria googled the fish name, Garra rufa and found it in wikipedia. Don't you just love wiki? *flick hair*

according to wiki (read: me)

They gotta keep eating cos if you are one lazy fish...

you end up


like...


this...


dust, dust nothing but dust.
ahhhhh... *nod nod*

Hmmm, dust, anybody? No, dust?

AND


If you eat enough dead skin, you become these... the fishstar!


http://photos.signonsandiego.com/gallery1.5/albums/shamu_believe/shamu.jpg

Guess where were there 2 weeks ago only??

*ding ding ding*

The fish spa! ! ! Imagine how many feet they have nibbled or accidentally swallowed right?????!!!

Now I understand why are they perpetually hungry, greedy, voracious, ravenous, starving and insatiable little fitch (fish bitch?). Cos, they need too! Even in fish's world...you gotta be a survivor. If not, lucky enough you end up as a fried dust and worst scene scenario is you still nibbling people's feet there and ultimately, accidentally step by someone *splat*


xoxo

No comments: